Sunday, July 22, 2007

When the mind wanders, it's not pretty...

I could be writing. Yes indeedy, I could...and I was. Then I took little break and wandered over to Kathy Holmes site. There I found a link to Shelfari, an online networking site for readers and writers.

Of course I had to go. I explored the site for a while -- loved it! -- then I started reading some of the profiles of frequent contributors. One had a link to a website that lets you take a test to determine your chances of surviving a zombie invasion. Wow!

I had to take the test, right?

Then I had to take it again because I could not believe how badly I fared.

I did a bit better the second time, though apparently there's an unwritten rule that says you shouldn't go to Walmart when zombies prowl.

After a couple, er, a few more attempts, it eventually occurred to me that a Zombie Apocalypse Test (ZAT) is not wholly dissimilar to a Scholastic Achievement Test (SAT). You just keep taking it and taking it until you (or your parents) like your score.

My final score: 41% chance of survival.

All of which makes me think I'm probably better off writing.


Ciao!

3 comments:

Dschauffer said...

Have you seen the Harry Potter contest on Shelfari? http://www.shelfari.com/harrypotter/

Ms. Peri said...

Hi, Danny --

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm on my way there now! Thanks for letting me know about it.

One Heart Dancing said...

I want the zombie test!