Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Online tag!

I've been tagged by author Tayari Jones. Here are the rules:

1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they've been tagged, and to read your blog.

Here are eight, no-longer-secret facts about the very merry me:

1. I have the most eclectic taste in music of anyone I know. The last seven songs on my iPod were by Leann Rimes, John Legend, Vargo, The Mamas & The Papas, Michael Buble, John Mellencamp and Donnie McClurklin.
2. As a girl I dreamed of being a singer-dancer-actress-model. Or a brain surgeon. Upon reflection, I realized success was unlikely as a) I'm a little, um, tone deaf; b) I have no natural sense of rhythm; c) I don't like being on stage; d) I like to eat; e) Medical science involves science. And math! Eww!
3. I'm horribly needle-phobic.
4. I once flew to Austin for a Bruce Springsteen concert. I loved it!
5. I'm conflict adverse and miss a lot because there are many things I don't want to see...yet I have a real fear of going blind.
6. I once ate an entire German Chocolate cake. By myself. In one sitting. That was not a good idea.
7. When I was young and impressionable someone told me that if you die without fulfilling your destiny you have to keep coming back until you get it right. I still believe that.
8. When I mangle song lyrics, I do it in a big, big way. (Yet another reason a career as a singer was not for me.) For years, I happily sang along to Stevie Wonder's hit, Blue Me On. Yea Cumin! (known to some of you as Boogie On Reggae Woman). I kept this up until someone pointed out this was not a song about food dye and recipes.

Whew! There you are.

I've tagged Kathy Holmes and Rhea, but I need a bit of time to come up with others. Tune in later for details or comment if you'd like to play.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love knowing you have eclectic taste in music - so do I. And we almost moved to Austin just for the music.

My biggest fantasy has always been to perform on Broadway. But growing up near LA, I didn't know Broadway was in New York - I thought Hollywood musicals was Broadway. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag. You know what? I already did 8 random things about me. I also did 6 weird things about me. Guess I'm all used up. Ha!

Carleen Brice said...

It used to be a dream of mine to consume a chocolate cake in one day all by myself. It's like you climbed Everest!

Ms. Peri said...

Kathy -- It's great to find another musical free spirit! That's so funny about confusing Hollywood musicals with Broadway, but I totally understand. I did it too. (And I was completely blown away the first time I heard people singing live during a real Broadway musical. My gosh! There's nothing like it.)

Rhea -- I remember your list. Apologies for double-dipping ;-)

Carleen -- There are a few things I'll never try twice. An entire chocolate cake in one sitting is one of them!