Monday, May 21, 2007

Joy!



Amy Tan once said she keeps her dog nearby while she writes because she is a constant reminder to step out of the world of her imagination, take a deep breath and enjoy life.

I think she's right. Can you look at this picture and not smile?

(To those who emailed and asked if this was a photo of Amy Tan's dog, the answer is no. This is Jake, my best buddy and muse. My husband and I adopted him from the Humane Society about three years ago. When we brought him home, he was afraid of people and didn't know how to wag his tail. Now, he's king of the world. I don't know what wonderful things he did in a former life, but all I have to say is, Karma happens!)

1 comment:

Carleen Brice said...

Didn't know how to wag his tail?? That breaks my heart! I'm so glad he found you!