Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Bored now. Hanging up the remote.

The revolution may have started without me, but I think I'm catching up.

According to an AP article published on CNN.com, TV network viewership is down 2.5 million people from this same period last year.

Some experts say viewership isn't declining. Rather, the way people watch TV has changed. They're more likely to use TiVo or DVR and watch a program when it's convenient than watch during the regularly scheduled airing. Since Nielson doesn't track people who watch a recorded episode, numbers look smaller than they actually are.

I'm not so sure about that.

Until recently, I was one of those dedicated TV viewers. Ask me about the latest episode of Heroes or Grey's Anatomy, and I could tell you all the details.

Not so anymore. This week, I retired my remote for the summer. Whether I pick it up again in the fall is anyone's guess.

Playing on iTunes: This Is My Time by Raven. (Yep, Raven. That cute little girl from The Cosby Show.) Good song.

No comments: